EZ Burn Gel 2oz jar
Make wood burning easy with our in house formulated wood burning gel. All you need is a heat gun or heat press to create stunning wood burned designs in minutes.
Our EZ Burn Gel is colored so you can easily see your design on the wood when dried.
Directions For Use:
- A little bit goes a very long way! You don't need much.
- Prepare your wood surface - we always suggest sanding with 220 grit sandpaper to give you a smooth surface to work on.
- Apply your stencil or silkscreen
- Using the enclosed spatula apply a little bit to the top of your stencil. Use the enclosed squeegee to spread a thin layer over your entire design.
- Remove excess gel and put it back in to the container for use on your next project!
- Using a 1000watt or higher heat gun, move the heat over the design until you see the burning process begin. Keep your heat gun moving at all times to avoid scorching untreated areas of wood.
- The more heat you apply, the darker your design becomes.
- Using a Heat Press - Preheat to 400F and press in 20 second increments with light to med pressure until you reach the desired burn. Be sure to cover your wood with a sheet of butcher paper or teflon sheet to protect your heat platen.
- After your design is burned allow to cool and finish with sealer, stain. You can also leave it nature if desired.
- If using your wood burned project for food, wipe it clean and then seal with mineral oil or beeswax.